Sparkling Triple Crème Fondue
- 3/4 cup sparkling rosé or Champagne
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 3” strip lemon peel
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 7-oz. pkgs. St. André® cheese, rindremoved. Cheese cubed
- 1 Tbsp. cognac or brandy
- Dippers: strawberries; peach, apricotor nectarine slices; ladyfingers
- In a large nonstick saucepan, combine champagne, sugar, lemon juice and peel. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Discard lemon peel.
- In a medium bowl, use heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spoon to blend cornstarch into cheese. Add to saucepan one third at a time, stirring constantly until melted, before adding next third.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened, about 7 minutes. Stir in brandy, then pour into fondue pot set over a flame and serve with dippers. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.Be sure the cheese is well chilled to make removing the rind easier.This St. André® fondue can also make a lovely starter to a dinner party: Omit the sugar and decrease the lemon juice to 1 tsp. Serve with a variety of crudités.