We allow third parties to collect this information on our websites for the following purposes:
• To Collect Information on How Our Websites and Services Are Used – We allow certain service providers to use the information collected on our websites and services to help us learn about our audience and how people use our websites. The companies that use this information for this purpose do not match the information to individual users. In other words, statistical information collected by third parties regarding website usage or performance is not matched or linked to you.
• To Make the Services of Other Companies Work on Our Websites – We allow companies to use special technologies to make certain parts of our websites work. For example, we allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. These cookies are called Flash cookies.
• We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our services. These technologies include cookies and web beacons:
Cookies – Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website’s server and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or for a fixed period of time (“persistent cookies”). Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to give you the choice to accept a cookie or reject cookies altogether. For more information about changing your browser settings, please see the section of this Statement titled, “Your Choices .”
• Website Functionality – Some cookies (considered “strictly necessary”) are required to allow you to access and use our websites. Without these cookies, our websites do not work properly.
• Performance Monitoring – Some cookies (considered “performance” cookies) help us analyze and estimate traffic on our website. They show us how visitors interact with our website, whether there are any errors, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our website works and understand user interests.
• User Convenience – Some cookies (considered “functionality” cookies) remember information to save you the trouble of entering information every time you visit or use a particular website. For example, a cookie may remember your username to save you time when you log in to your account.
• Marketing – Some cookies (considered “targeting or advertising” cookies) are used to tailor your experience on our website by controlling the promotions, advertisements and other marketing messages that may appear when you visit or use our website and help us learn which services you are using and how you are accessing information about us. We may use this information to personalize your visit to a website or to send you relevant promotions.
• Web Beacons – Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs,” “single pixel gifs”, “page tags” or “web bugs.” We use web beacons to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on. Promotional Communication Choices
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, telephone calls, and mailings by informing us of your preference at the time you sign up for a Pierre Cheese Market Account account, modifying your promotional preferences online in your account’s profile management section, or adjusting your text and notification preferences in your mobile device’s settings or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of these promotional communications by emailing us at email@example.com., by writing to us at Sparkling Your World, Inc. 480 Forest Avenue, Locust Valley, New York 11560 Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including emails about your accounts or purchases.
You can also make choices about the information we collect about you:
• Location Information – When you use a smart phone or other mobile device to access our websites, we may collect information about your physical location only if (a) “location services” for the mobile application is enabled; or (b) the permissions in the mobile device allow communication of this information. If you do not want us to collect your location information, you can opt out of sharing this information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device.
• In addition to adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser, many advertising companies that may collect anonymous information for advertising targeting purposes are also members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which provide an opt-out of advertisement targeting from their members located at their respective websites at www.AboutAds.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
• Flash Cookies – We allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove Flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in Flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
“Do Not Track” Technology – Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
If you want to change your information, cancel your account, or stop us from using your information, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below, and we will purge their account and their information from our database.
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request a notice, please submit your request by postal mail to: Pierre Cheese Market, PO Box 1352, Bayville, NY 11709. We will make efforts to respond positively to your request.
This Statement went into effect on the date noted at the top of this webpage. We may update this Statement from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Statement on this page and change the date at the top of this webpage. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Statement by checking this date at the top of this webpage. We will notify you of any modifications to this Statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information prior to the change becoming effective by means of a message on this website.